1. Click on 'Hive games' from the menu on the EdShed homepage and then click '+ Create Hive'.
2. Choose the word list you would like to use and click 'Play'.
3. Choose a difficulty for the game (extreme shows the whole keyboard)
4. Choose how many words you want to include in the game.
5. Enable Shuffle words, if you would like them displayed in a different order to the list.
6. Enable “Show Words” to display each word on your screen as you play.
7. Enable autoplay if you want the game to flow by itself and not wait for you to click 'next word'.
8. Enable hub audio if you are playing the hive in the classroom and want the words to be played through your speakers and not through each pupil's. device individually.
9. Choose if you want the leader board to be shown after each word to show everyone's scores.
10. Click “Create Game” to create your Hive game.
11. You will then be given a Hive game code - These last for 90 days so you can schedule future games.
12. Pupils must be logged into the app or game to play and enter the code on the home screen to play.
13. When you can see that everyone has joined the game click “Start Game”.
You can also start a Hive game by using the 'create Hive' button found on a spelling list page
Please follow link below to a video which explains this in more detail and shows you the game from a pupil's perspective.