Every year pupils will need to move up to their next class, you will need to be logged in as an admin to do this.
There are three ways to move pupils:
Wonde - only use if you are already connected
1. If your school uses Wonde just update pupil records on your MIS / SIS and wait overnight.
2. At the start of a new academic year you should delete leavers (from all pupils section) and all groups (settings >options > delete all groups)
3. Then go to settings > options > configure and select the groups, classes, teachers and pupils you want to be updated, as well as new pupils and teachers that need to be brought over.
4. Click 'save' then 'sync'.
CSV - easiest if your classes are being mixed
1. Go to the 'All pupils' section and click the New Year Wizard.
2. Delete leavers - click the heading for groups so pupils are ordered by group.
3. Download and edit current CSV - change the 'group/reg' column with the new class names (do not edit any other columns)
4. Save this new CSV to your computer.
5. Take pupils out of all groups
6. Upload edited CSV
7. Add new pupils via a CSV
8. Add new teachers and check current teachers are in the correct groups
9. Assign licences to pupil
Manual - easiest if your pupils are staying in the same group
To move pupils manually:
- Go to the 'All pupils' section and click the New Year Wizard.
- Delete leavers - click the heading for groups so pupils are ordered by group.
- Delete any groups which are NOT class names
- Edit the teachers connected to the groups (also add new teachers here)
- Select a set of pupils for a new group starting from the eldest pupils (this way you are moving into empty groups).
- Click the "Move to Group" button and select the desired group.
- Add new pupils via a CSV
- Check any pupils who do not have a group.
- Give licences to pupils
How to update your account for a new academic year (using a CSV file)
You need to be logged in as an admin user. 1. First delete any pupils and teachers who are no longer at the school. This can be done in the 'All Pupils' and 'Teachers' page. 2. Go to the 'All Pupils' page, click on the blue 'download CSV' button, ...
How to give Phonics Shed licences to teachers and pupils
You must be logged in as an admin user to do this. 1. Go to the subscription section of the website. 2. Click 'details' next to your Phonics subscription, then click 'manage licences'. 3. Then select the classes you need to give the licences to. ...
Pupils can only see Quiz Shed
If pupils are logging on and only see QuizShed, It may be because they haven't been allocated a subscription licence. To allocate licences, you will need to be an account admin. 1. From the 'Account Home' page select 'All Pupils'. 2. At the top of ...
How to add pupils to your account
There are three ways to add pupils to your account. You will need to be an admin user to add pupils. Adding pupils manually - for adding a small amount of pupils 1. Go to 'All Pupils' in the menu. 2. Click 'Add Pupils' and 'more' button. 3. Populate ...
How to make lists available to pupils.
In addition to pupils' own lists, they can view any lists that have been set as favourite. Teachers can favourite any lists they choose or create for pupils e.g. topic vocabulary or HFW practice. 1. Go to the Main Account Home Page, click the yellow ...